The mission of the organization is to perpetuate the African race through the preservation, propagation and promotion of its cultural heritage among people of African descent and ancestry in the Greater Milwaukee Area, within the state of Wisconsin in the United States of America.
- Be the nucleus of all national and ethnic associations of African descent.
- Foster interracial and cultural relationships with other organizations with similar objectives.
- Network with other organizations especially, minority ethnic groups, to protect and promote their welfare and development.
- Collaborate with other organizations and businesses in undertaking community and humanitarian services and development projects local, nationally and internationally with emphasis on Cultural Heritage.
- Disseminate to the African community and friends various information of interest and concern about the African continent and its rich cultures.
The trademark of the Africans in Milwaukee Inc. has been the hosting of the annual “AFRICAN CULTURAL FESTIVAL” a community cultural event which brings the African community and people from all over the country especially those in the South Eastern Wisconsin, to celebrate their rich cultural heritage with food, music, dancing, drumming artistic performance displaying the rich African cultural heritage. The event has become one of the most popular cultural festivals in South Eastern Wisconsin.